Friday, April 19, 2013

Some little home decor ......

It was my turn to post a tutorial at My Sketch World. I decided to go for home decor, a lantern for our table on the terrace.

This is what I need for my creation:

Image

Cardstock (Not to light!), Vellum, punch, dies, cord, pan pastel,
distress ink, water spritzer

I cut four templates with a Sizzix die; you can cut any shape,
 such as a rectangle, an arch, just anything!

Image

I applied distress ink .....

Image

.... and “spritzed and flicked” it with water …..

Image

….. all dried up now!

Image

I cut some “holes” into the top, you can use any die or punch,
such as flowers, snowflakes, circles etc.

Image

I applied Pan Pastel to the vellum …..

Image

….. punched circles …..

Image

….. and glued them to the back of the template.

Image

Now it’s time for the decoration. I cut a fence and as and
afterthought also some grass,

Image

which I glued together …..

Image

….. and adhered to the template, creating a little “belly”!

Image

I fixed all four templates with a tool (clamp) and punched
the holes. This way they will all be on the right position!

Image

Done ;)

Image

I added the birds and the butterflies (also an afterthought) ….

Image

….. and tied all templates together with a cord. I always use a pen
or something similar in between, this way my “hinges”
can still move and I don’t ruin the sides of my templates!

Image

A little present for a loved one, a little take along for a friend,
or just put it on the mantel or on the terrace in Summer,
that`s where I keep mine ;)

Image

Can’t wait for night to come ……

Image

Thanks so much for following me through the journey of 18 pictures.
 I am still a beginner with tutorials!

5 comments:

  1. Vielen Dank für Dein tolles Tutorial, diese Deko ist einfach wunderschön!
    Hab ein schönes Wochenende!
    LG Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mensch Majo! Was für eine traumhafte und total entzückende Laterne hast du ja gezaubert! Sieht wirklich wunderschön aus, supertoll gemacht!! LG, Ira
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh menno! das sieht ja vielleicht GUT! aus!

    klasse! und sogar mit Schritt für Schritt Anleitung!

    Danke!

    ReplyDelete